[AMRadio] Pi-Net vs Link Couple

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Thu Sep 22 22:28:53 EDT 2005

Darrell, WA5VGO wrote:

> Triodes are great for grounded grid, but for class C, why fight
> neutralization? Use a power grid tube. Sure you need a screen supply,
> but consider the paybacks. No neutralization; at least on the lower
> frequencies, and low drive requirements. I realize modulating it is a
> little trickier, but I've never had the Eimac system of placing a
> reactor in the screen supply to fail to do the trick.
>
> Darrell, WA5VGO

that's interesting, Darrell... a reactor in the screen supply.  Are you
capacitivly coupling it, as well?  No, that can't be - the screens need
to be DC voltage.  However, the choke effectivly kills any stray
capacitances...

hmmmmm

Great discussion, so far.  Looking forward to more.

Hope you guys are hunkered down for the hurricane.  Kingwood, TX may be
on the west side of the storm, but it's gonna be a big'un.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR