[AMRadio] Pi-Net vs Link Couple

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Fri Sep 23 20:20:03 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "W5OMR/Geoff" <w5omr at satx.rr.com>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio" <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Pi-Net vs Link Couple

> Brett gazdzinski wrote:
>
>>It can take a bit of playing around with plate coil turns, and link turns,
>>to get the
>>best power output and efficiency.
>>
>>I see the BC610 DOES do triode link coupled output...bet it's a bit tricky
>>to neutralize, then you would have to set up each band coil?
>>
>>I never had a BC610, was it a pain to neutralize on each band?
>>

> I would think that nuetraliztion of the entire tank could best be utilized
> by going up in frequency (say 20m) and doing it there, then the rest of
> the bands -should- fall in line, as long as you're using the same tubes.
> I'm not sure how critical it is, when changing tank coils, though.
>
> To answer your question, I've never neutralized a BC-610.

I went through the procedure on my HT4-B (Early civilian version of the
BC-610) a long time ago, but I do not remember how.

What I do remember is that I never had a moments problem on 20M, 40M, 80M or
160.

Different tubes?  I have tested at least 12 250TH's in that transmitter and
had no problem with any.

The transmitter runs about 75% efficiency.  Band-change is, of course,
accomplished with plug-in coils.

However it works, it works.

Fun rig!  Have not used it for a few years, but if I get my tower shunt-fed
soon, I'll be back on at least 80 and 160 this winter.

73, Barrie, W7ALW