[AMRadio] High level modulation of tetrodes

Brett gazdzinski Brett.gazdzinski at mci.com
Wed Sep 28 08:40:44 EDT 2005

The voltage divider between modulated and unmodulated B+ for a
screen supply works wonders on the 32V series transmitters.
As a test, I used half the voltage from each, and the positive
modulation percentage increased quite a bit on the mod monitor.
It worked so well, I left it that way.

The rigs are running about 800 volts on the plates had problems
getting past about 80% modulation positive when loaded up to
200ma, with the divider it went up to 100% or more positive mod.

PEP went up, but of course, no one at the distant end would
hear or see any difference in such a small change, I just
like it that way.
Like Dyson, I just think things should work properly....

Brett
N2DTS