[AMRadio] Mod Transformer Available

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Sep 28 15:44:12 EDT 2005

Hi John,
Thanks for the clarification. I think I understand now where the problem
is coming from, it is the old apples and oranges thing with noise added!

When the announcement for the transformer came up, I commented that I
was
running the same transformer, in my modulator for a single 304TL class C
amplifier. I am running my system using 1500 VDC on both the RF stage
and the modulator stage. The RF stage plate current is around 250 MA
and the modulator plate current is 200 MA. This allows me to run the
transformer at the rating on the tag, and still get a respectable power
out of the RF stage and maintain the impedance ratio for the modulator
out
to RF stage at a respectable level IE; close to a match.

At 250 MA the RF stage is running around 375 watts input good enough
for me, if I want more power I would use the RCA BTA-1M rig or the
BC-610(I). My object was to resurrect an old HB rig not light up the
night sky! Thanks for the clarification again there John, better
understanding now. Maybe all around! Still waiting to do the audio sweep
however.
Jim
WB2FCN