[AMRadio] GG 813 Linear

Mike Dorworth,K4XM k4xm at arczip.com
Wed Sep 28 15:57:39 EDT 2005

1. William I. Orr, W6SAI, Radio Handbook16th Edition, section 29-8 An 813
Grounded Grid Linear Amplifier

2. William I. Orr, W6SAI, Radio Handbook, 21st edition, chapter 22

3. Bill, Orr. W6SAI (SK) Ham Radio, May 1980 Pages 47, 48, 49,50, 51. ( Ham
Radio Techniques)

The last is the best, uses zener (adjustable) for proper bias, Transceive
relay and includes input circuit, so necessary for today's modern rigs. Also
has  operating conditions for a CLEAN signal, 2500 volts , 60 ma idle, peak
plate current 450 ma, 50 ma grid (total) , 3000 ohm plate load Z, drive
impedance 135 ohms, 1120 watts input, 680 watts out, 28 watts drivepower.

This HR article has a good system to test transmitting tubes, particuarly
old surplus, NOS and Junquebox(EBAY) specials.