[AMRadio] GG 813 Linear in GE Ham News

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Thu Sep 29 06:03:04 EDT 2005

Gary Schafer wrote:

> A pair of 813s in GG are only good for 150 watts carrier out on AM.
>
> 73
> Gary  K4FMX

I'm not trying to start anything here, Gary, but that statement seems to
be in stark contrast to what you said, yesterday...

> With an AM linear the efficiency at carrier must be / will be exactly
> one half what it is at PEP. Provided it is tuned properly.
>
> 73
> Gary  K4FMX

What would the efficiency be of an AM Linear at carrier.

(or maybe I'm not reading this correctly, because I've yet to have
coffee this morning, and I -know- I probably should'n't be posting
messages in this state... ;-))

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR