[AMRadio] GG 813 Linear in GE Ham News

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 17:29:54 EDT 2005

In this case that is near correct. There is some feed through power also
present.
But the limiting factor is not always one half total plate dissipation.
If the tubes were run in class A rather than B then output would be
limited to much less than half the plate dissipation. At 33% efficiency
in class A at full PEP the efficiency for the carrier would be 16.5%.
Carrier power would then be limited to 41.25 watts plus a little feed
through power. That's with an input of 250 watts.

73
Gary  K4FMX