[AMRadio] GG 813 Linear in GE Ham News

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 14:58:03 EDT 2005

>.hey don,what are your thoughts of am transmission
>with 4 811s?..i'm looking to get more output on 160
>am..

In linear service, the maximum carrier output would be half the plate
dissipation.  The pd of the 811A is 65 watts.  So for a quad, the maxumum
safe carrier output would be 130 watts.

In grounded grid service, some of drive power will feed through, so you
might add 10% to that, bringing the carrier output power to 143 watts give
or take a few.

With the pair of 813's you would add some feedthrough power to the 125
watts.  I would say more like 12.5 watts, to bring the total to 137.5 watts.

Most g-g linears take about 10% of the output power to drive them.

Don K4KYV