[AMRadio] GG 813 Linear in GE Ham News

Jim candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Fri Sep 30 19:47:01 EDT 2005

Don,

    So your saying that 4 X 811's at maximum ratings in AM Linear mode are
nearly equivalent to 3 6146's class C plate modulated, i.e. a Johnson
Valiant? :-)
Years ago I bought a book from an ad in the old AM Press Exchange about AM,
and there was a detailed explanation of class C plate modulated versus AM
linear operation with the same tubes, and it clearly showed the differences.
I need to go find that book again...

Jim