[AMRadio] k1man fined

Brian Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Sat Apr 1 06:50:53 EST 2006

Interesting stuff...

The DISCUSSION section about mentioninmg a web site is
interesting - that may now be an issue, but I didn't see any firm
conclusion.

Also I would think ARRL in Newington should be VERY
careful before they fire up their W1AW Broadcasts now.
This precedent could easily be applied to them, if someone
wanted to entrap them. I can't imagine that happening at
the moment, but if in the future the ARRL becomes very
unpopular, radio amateurs and the FCC could easily go
after W1AW with these same legal reasonings.

I wonder if he will file an appeal with the Department of Justice
or the superior courts etc. In the past this guy has always found
so many options in the courts.  The whole thing  has this flavor
of and old time feud...  seems like it should be tried in rural
Kentucky rather than in Maine or Boston!