[AMRadio] k1man fined

Mike Sawyer w3slk at uplink.net
Sat Apr 1 09:12:38 EST 2006

You are absolutely correct Brian.
    As a non-member of the ARRgghhL, I do not get their reports or
broadcasting (since it is a single transmission to the masses) schedule. I
hate like hell to admit but I found myself somewhat sympathetic to
K1(wo)MAN's cause whereas he was afforded the same style broadcast as W1AW.
Disregard the programming, the same modus operandi, if you will, lumps both
together.                 Personally, I didn't see why the (be)League(d)
didn't petition for licensing their station just on the outside of the ham
bands when this issue raised its ugly head years ago. They, the
(be)League(d) should have had the foresight to see that Glen would use the
"what's good for the goose is good for the gander" point of view and
ultimately challenge the ARRgghhL until he finally got his way. I don't have
a rule book in front of  me but I thought that one-way transmissions, in and
of their self was prohibited by the FCC until this issue came up. I think
the ARRgghhL could have save themselves, and the ham community allot of
frustration, by doing a logical left shift up band, had they seen this
snowball rolling down the mountain. Of course, hindsight is always
twenty-twenty.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK