[AMRadio] k1man fined

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Sun Apr 2 00:36:09 EST 2006

No Mike, I would not expect you to visit the ARRL site for any
information.

"One way information bulletins are not illegal on the Amateur Bands"
In a 24 hour period, the W1AW  bulletin transmissions generally last 10
to 15 minutes or less. There are 3 Code Bulletins, 2 RTTY Bulletins, and
1 Phone Bulletin on the major HF bands. The rest of the W1AW
transmissions are generally designated for Code Practice.

This is in contrast to the K1MAN transmissions, which generally lasted 90
minutes or more, depending upon the accuracy of his Radio Shack timer.
W1AW and K1MAN are not in the same league of information bulletin
disseminators.

Pete, wa2cwa