[AMRadio] Cabinet disassembly - was Free kilowatt BC transmitter

Mark Foltarz Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Tue Apr 4 09:46:20 EDT 2006

I was able to disassemble the cabinet for a Gates 1J.

The RF and Modulator decks were removed and the power supply components
removed.

The then empty cabinet yielded to movement since there were no more internal
supports.

I spent a few minutes  swaying the cabinet to stress the top spot welds.

Virtually all of the spot welds on the top of the cabinet broke cleanly.

The bottom spot welds were handled with a sawzall.

The cabinet panels can now be assembled with hardware as opposed to welding

Even better, the panels may be painted individually.

de KA4JVY

Mark