[AMRadio] 10 Meters

Rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Tue Apr 4 14:37:44 EDT 2006

LOL!

I worked Australia on 10mtrs with 2 1/2W SSB when that mess was open.
Did it with a modified 5/8 wave CB ground plane.  It was mounted so low,
I could stand on the ground and touch the radials by reaching up to try!

Solid copy BOTH ways!

ronnie.hull wrote:

>y'all got to remember that when ten is open, 5 watts can work the world. I'm
>reminded of a time years ago when 4 of us here in shreveport were talking on
>ten meters and kept getting interrupted by others. We all turned our drive
>down as far as it would go. I had virtually no deflection from my wattmeter.
>Suddenly, a fellow in Tucson broke in and said "hey I can still hear you
>guys"
>
>LOL

                       Bob Bethman - NØDGN
| NØDGN AMRadio Manassas, VA    |    REAL Tube Radio and AM        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|       Manassas Radio - Home of Homemade Kielbasa & Pirogi        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| rbethman(at)comcast.net   \\ ~ ~ //      signal does *NOT* mean  |
|                           (/ @ @ /)      that everything is OK " |
+-------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo----------------------------+
|               <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman>                |
| 1 BC-61ØI w/BC-614I,1 T-213/GRC-26 w/BC614I 1 '51 Collins R-390A |
|  SP-600/NR Type 159, Heath DX-60, Apache, Mohawk, SX-101, HT-32A |
| Amateur Astronomer - Celestron Nexstar 8 - Megrez 80mm SD II     |
|             12" f5 Dob coming soon!  Being built                 |
|           38 Deg 46'48.62"' N - 77 Deg 28'26.89" W               |
|   Opinions expressed are that of my own and do not necessarily   |
|         coincide with or represent those of ANYONE else          |
|ALL E-mail received and sent scanned by AVG & Norton System Works |