[AMRadio] possible interference coming up

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue Apr 4 21:03:29 EDT 2006

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, W7QHO at aol.com wrote:

> Maybe, maybe not, but it's not your problem.   If his audio equipment is
> responding to your transmissions then HIS equipment is malfunctioning, not yours.

    Dennis, I respectfully disagree - in a lot of cases, taking a
pro-active tack can mean the difference between 'happy hamming' and
bad feelings, lawsuits and neighborhood retaliation.

   If GuitarMan has all that gear, maybe he'd like to have someone nearby
with some electronic chops would be able to help him with a little
soldering, or tube test / replacement.  Then, the Ham can offer to install
capacitors or toroids - if TVI does occur. At any rate, one gets to be on
friendly terms with one's nearby folk.

   Works both ways in this case, too - GuitarMan might be more inclined to
watch his "rehearsal levels" if he thinks he's going to bother 'my
electronic buddy next door' - but consider the case where it turns out
like you've described - the transmitter gets into all those stompboxes,
complaints are made, Ham tells GuitarMan to go pound sand, "it's your
equipment design, go complain to Boss and Roland and Yamaha..."  well, you
can extrapolate the rest.

   Kind of speaks to "The Amateur is a Gentleman..."

   Just my 200 millidollar....

Cheers

John  KB6SCO