[AMRadio] K1MAN thread of discussion

Tom tchesek at epix.net
Tue Apr 4 21:36:42 EDT 2006

IMHO I think there is a division within the various radio reflector groups.
Those, like myself, who want reflectors to be used as a conduit for
technical problems, part sourcing, etc. and others who want to air
"political" issues relating to the hobby. By no means am I trivializing the
political aspect but when I'm having fun reading through threads of
technical topics I am quickly brought back to the real world with the
insertion of message threads on operating practices and other similar
topics.. Many time these start reading like "yes it is, no it isn't, yes it
is, no it isn't" and on and on. We have enough exposure to dreary world
issues without bringing more to worry about while we are in our "escape"
frame of mind doing radio. I would like to see a Ham radio reflector created
just to air those kind of topics. We then can have a choice if we want to be
part of that experience.

Thanks for listening,

Tom K3TVC