[AMRadio] possible interference coming up

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Tue Apr 4 22:28:29 EDT 2006

I definitely have to agree with Jim and Dennis on this one. Don't go
looking for trouble and definitely don't work on his equipment. Make
suggestions, external filters, qualified service technician, etc. Lots of
info floating around the web.

Back end of my property butts up against the back property of a local
bar. Friday and Saturday nights, for the last 20 years or so, they
generally have some local 2 or 3 piece band (generally guitar, drums,
washboard, etc.) come in. My 160, 75, and 40 meter inverted vees run
broadside to the bar and are roughly 75 to 80 feet from the bar. Running
about 100 to 150 watts on AM and up to a 1KW on SSB, plus up to 500 watts
PEP on 6 meters (7 element long boom on the tower facing them), I've
never had a complaint from them. Unfortunately the drum thumping is heard
throughout my house and their electronic registers, game machines,
stacked high TV's radiate tons of junk back to my receivers from 160 to 2
meters most of the time

Pete, wa2cwa