[AMRadio] CB vs GB

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 08:07:47 EDT 2006

SO I missed the whole run-up to the Glenn Baxter
discussion on here while it was happening, and now I'm
at the tail end of what we can call "Great CBs We Have
Known."

Thing is, I can't decide which topic I ought to get
more upset about -- Glenn Baxter ad nauseum, or CB
Radio on the AM Reflector.

11 meter Class D Citizens Band as it once was known
has faded out in popularity, so it no longer provokes
me to hear any attention paid to it rather than ham
radio. But I tell ya, I recall torturing people
sitting in shopping center parking lots, walking up to
them after seeing their good buddy antenna, and saying
in a faux excited voice "Hey is that one of those HAM
radios???"

Of course they'd say no, it's a CB, and I would put on
a crestfallen face, turn on heel, and walk away.

Great fun, and any number can play.

Paul/VJB