[AMRadio] Use of an oscilloscope to monitor am audio

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Wed Apr 5 15:21:38 EDT 2006

Roger Basford wrote:

> There was an article in November 2005 "Electric Radio" on converting a
> scope into a modulation monitor, might be a waste of a good Tektronix
> scope in this case but a good use for an old Heathkit OS2 or similar.
> Basically it just "sniffs" off the RF feed from the TX and applies it
> to the scope via a capacitive attenuator.
>
> 73,
>
> Roger/G3VKM

To each their own, I guess, but I personally prefer to monitor the
envelope from a remote 'sense' antenna, that's fed into the front end of
the o'scope.  My sense antenna for my delta loop, is a 40m dipole.
works great.

For 160, 75 and 40m, you'd need only a 20MHz scope.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR