[AMRadio] CB vs GB

Jim Miller WB5OXQ wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Wed Apr 5 19:23:57 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "VJB" <wa3vjb at yahoo.com>
To: <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 7:07 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] CB vs GB

I recall torturing people
> sitting in shopping center parking lots, walking up to
> them after seeing their good buddy antenna, and saying
> in a faux excited voice "Hey is that one of those HAM
> radios???"
>
> Of course they'd say no, it's a CB, and I would put on
> a crestfallen face, turn on heel, and walk away.
SNIP

What really irritates me is for someone to ask me if my screwdriver hf
antenna is for CB.
I reply "Well it could be if I wanted it to be but no, it is a ham radio
antenna and can tune itself to ANY band I choose.
 I am a Ham radio operator, I talk WHEN AND TO WHERE I WANT TO, you talk
when you can!
WB5OXQ  (once upon a time many years ago kqv4932)  I HAD a license for my
CB!