[AMRadio] CB vs GB

Jim Miller WB5OXQ wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Wed Apr 5 19:31:18 EDT 2006

I never found anything wrong with the CB radio which used to be the 11 meter
ham band prior to 1958 I believe,   just the IDIOTS that began to use them
illegally!
I expect many hams had a CB radio first and then discovered a better way
like I did.  I had my first CB in 1967 and got my ham tickets in 1974.  I
have never been sorry that I made the upgrade!  On the highway I sometimes
tune my Ts 2000 to 27.185 AM and listen to the truckers.  No, my rig will
not transmit on that band!
WB5OXQ