[AMRadio] CB vs GB

crawfish crawfish at surfmore.net
Wed Apr 5 19:47:42 EDT 2006

There is a ham in north AL who makes his living selling amps to 11m ops who
always made the statement that "converting a CB to 10 meters was a waste of
a good CB radio", but I disagree. Ham radio is a hobby service, and CB is
for business/personal service. I have no use for it other than to listen on
27.185 for road conditions. The Brownings, the Regencys, Lafayettes,  Trams,
and Demcos are nicely engineered radios that would be a dream to run on 10m
AM.
                                   Joe W4AAB