[AMRadio] Use of an oscilloscope to monitor am audio

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 02:35:07 EDT 2006

I found that the remote Ant method showed the actual radiated rf better than the internal link.
  It suprised me that the my actual received signal showed slightly more output with a less than minimal SWR tuning. Tried all combinations of VKII final tuning and tuner manipulation (TenTec 1KW) but no matter what it showed a little more radiated output indicated by the external wire than proper tuning ended up with. Tuned up into a 50 OHM cantenna with low power and then went to the ant and dipped the SWR, then brought the drive up, dipped, dipped. Dipole was cut for 75 and the coax trimmed for the same. Might have been a fluke of my half flat top half zigzag ant but never quit figured out why this happened. Too late now. New QTH and no Ant yet.

Bill KB3DKS/1