[AMRadio] CB vs GB

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 6 14:13:18 EDT 2006

> I do tell 'em that the best distance (DX) I've had from the mobile, is
> Chattham Island (900km off the coast of New Zealand) which was the
> same night I worked the Cape of Good Hope, in South Africa, while
> sitting on the Shores of the Gulf Coast of Mexico, in Pascagula,
> Mississippi, looking over the water at 10:30pm.
>
> It was a good night, for barefoot (100w) SSB on 17m.

I should add that the bug-catcher with impedance matching coil at the
base, makes for a decent AM signal, since the bug-catcher handles power
fairly well.  I've made many an AM contact with the Kenwood TS-140/680,
Worthmore Amp, low-pass filter and bug-catcher antenna.

http://w5omr.shacknet.nu:81/~w5omr/hamstuff/Belton/Fall%202005/bugcatcher-yeah.jpg

yeah, bugcatcher - yeah, that's it.

;-)