[AMRadio] : BC 610 needing POWER 220VAC

John Coleman ARS WA5BXO wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Sat Apr 8 00:43:39 EDT 2006

	I really have no idea if it is wired for 110 or 220.  I know
that the Plate XFMR is 110VAC and if it were me I would wire a separate
primary circuit for the plate XFMR.  Just for the load balance.  If the
filaments and low voltage stuff is all run from side A of a 220 circuit
and the plate XFMR from side B then it is feasible that the filaments
and low voltage supplies would be more stable.  And the pilot lamps
would not dim as much.  That is important when you're trying to write in
the log while talking on the air by the light of pilot lamps only, HIHI.

	I told my wife I was going to get two 20 year olds to replace
her and she told me I was not wired for 220.

	I'm gonna go disinfect some ice cubes.

John, WA5BXO