[AMRadio] : BC 610 needing POWER 220VAC

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sat Apr 8 09:49:35 EDT 2006

You're sure right about the twist plug, Geoff.  I replaced my two prong
with a three prong twist and it was a booger bear to find one to fit
into the hole.  I finally stumbled across one (literally!) over in Ft.
Worth at Nortex.

Someone mentioned a dedicated AC line and running it through a 25 amp
variable transformer for their 610, that's the same set up I use.

Has anyone experienced distorted audio when using a BC-614 when "High
Voltage Protect" is on?  The "E" model doesn't have this problem, but
when I tried to check out my BC-614-H on the 610-H I got real distorted
audio in low power.  All works great in the "Normal" position.

Rick