[AMRadio] : BC 610 needing POWER 220VAC

Rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sat Apr 8 12:12:50 EDT 2006

All,

There is ONE overriding issue to think about carefully here!

The SINGLE 110VAC feed to the BC-610, ALSO goes through a SINGLE front
panel fuse!

IF someone desires to use TWO disparate 110VAC feeds, FUSE THE SECOND
ONE ALSO!

Bob - N0DGN

John Coleman ARS WA5BXO wrote:

>	I really have no idea if it is wired for 110 or 220.  I know
>that the Plate XFMR is 110VAC and if it were me I would wire a separate
>primary circuit for the plate XFMR.  Just for the load balance.  If the
>filaments and low voltage stuff is all run from side A of a 220 circuit
>and the plate XFMR from side B then it is feasible that the filaments
>and low voltage supplies would be more stable.  And the pilot lamps
>would not dim as much.  That is important when you're trying to write in
>the log while talking on the air by the light of pilot lamps only, HIHI.
>
>John, WA5BXO

                       Bob Bethman - NØDGN
| NØDGN AMRadio Manassas, VA    |    REAL Tube Radio and AM        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|       Manassas Radio - Home of Homemade Kielbasa & Pirogi        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| rbethman(at)comcast.net   \\ ~ ~ //      signal does *NOT* mean  |
|                           (/ @ @ /)      that everything is OK " |
+-------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo----------------------------+
|               <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman>                |
| 1 BC-61ØI w/BC-614I,1 T-213/GRC-26 w/BC614I 1 '51 Collins R-390A |
|  SP-600/NR Type 159, Heath DX-60, Apache, Mohawk, SX-101, HT-32A |
| Amateur Astronomer - Celestron Nexstar 8 - Megrez 80mm SD II     |
|             12" f5 Dob coming soon!  Being built                 |
|           38 Deg 46'48.62"' N - 77 Deg 28'26.89" W               |
|   Opinions expressed are that of my own and do not necessarily   |
|         coincide with or represent those of ANYONE else          |
|ALL E-mail received and sent scanned by AVG & Norton System Works |