[AMRadio] : BC 610 needing POWER 220VAC

W1EOF w1eof at hamnutz.com
Sat Apr 8 14:20:58 EDT 2006

I believe it's a little more complicated:

1. If you want to use two circuits, one from each side/phase then you you
should use a double breaker so that if one side blows the other one does
too.

2. I would fuse each side of the circuit at the radio. (Add a secondary fuse
for the plate supply primary).

3. I would provide some protective circuitry (relays) such that if you lose
the low-level circuits it kills the plate supply as well. Bad for the radio
and potentially dangerous if what appears to be a dark/dead radio in fact
has live B+.

That's my $.02

73,

Mark W1EOF