[AMRadio] Triode connecting 803's for a Modulator

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 9 15:47:29 EDT 2006

>From: "Mike Dorworth, K4XM" <k4xm at arczip.com>

>On page 662 of the 15th Edition of  RADIO HANDBOOK by Editor and Engineers.
>Paragraph 30-8 the use of 803 in triode connection is fully discussed. A
>schematic (figure 20)  shows 2500 volts at 18000 ohm plate to plate being
>driven by a 8 watt speech amplifier through a Stancor A-4761 Class B driver
>transformer set for 2:1 Ratio. Eg-g =170 volts
>Driving power 7-8 watts
>Resting current = 50 mA.
>Power output = 510 watts
>Supressor volts = 280-340 volts
>
>A Chicago CMS-3 was used for the output transformer..

I assume all three grids simply strapped together.  Is that correct?

In some circuits with triode-connected tetrodes, particularly the 807, the
screen grids are driven directly with the audio, and a resistor is placed
between the screen and control grids.

Don k4kyv

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/