[AMRadio] Re: AM filter for an SB-300

Jose HF Silva zehelmer at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 19:21:25 EDT 2006

What about DSP or SDR?
Apparently, there are simple and cheap kitting helping
there?

73 de Jose' ct1axg

Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 13:10:58 -0400
From: "W1EOF" <w1eof at hamnutz.com>
Subject: [AMRadio] AM filter for an SB-300
To: "Discussion of AM Radio" <amradio at mailman.qth.net>

Hi All -

Probably a long-shot, but I gotta ask: Do any of you
have experience either making a AM bandwidth filter,
or modifying a SSB filter for a SB-300 or similar
receiver? I have one article on modifying a SSB filter
by installing four new crystals. Given the expense of
buying four crystals I've been re-thinking it. It
seems that since I'm looking for a broad response
that I might be able to build a simplified version? Or
other idea?

The AM filters are starting to look less expensive
than they did previously.
:-)

73,

Mark W1EOF