[AMRadio] HR-10 problem

abeck at xplornet.com abeck at xplornet.com
Mon Apr 10 09:48:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am running an HR-10 RX in my shack outside and am wondering how to cure an
annoying fault. Or, this may be bad design, but I don't remember this from when
I was a kid.

When i turn up the RF Gain, and end up close to full on it, I get a shift down
in frequency of the CW note. So far that I have to retune the BFO to get it
back.

The RF Gain is in series with the Cathode of the first RF stage of the RX.

perhaps a Zener diode to cure it?

And if so, I guess I should measure the voltage someplace and clamp with a
zener, but then again, I would be modifying the whole circut.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Best 73,

Alan