[AMRadio] DX-40

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sat Apr 15 16:48:38 EDT 2006

Thanks Ken.  The filter caps had recently been replaced, I checked them
anyway and they tested fine.  Replacing a couple of bypass caps seemed
to do the trick.  There is a little noise left, but I honestly think
it's just incidental noise not an actual hum.

My buddy is using a D-104 (non amplified) and it seems to be over
modulating no matter chow softly you speak or how far away from the
mic.  Have you had any experience with that?  When I operate my DX-40 I
use a Shure 444 and have never had that problem.

Thanks for the advice and help.

Rick/K5IZ