[AMRadio] need info

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 10:58:17 EDT 2006

On 4/15/06, Edward B Richards <zuu6k at juno.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys;
>
> I just acquired a GENERAL RADIOPHONE COMPANY swr bridge/wattmeter/rfs
> indicator, model 615-B.  Does anyone know the frequency range over which
> it is reasonably accurate? Thank you.

Ed -

Not sure if you've gotten any info yet, but I'm happy to share the
little I know. General RadioTelephone (I'm guessing that's who you
mean) made very nice 2-ways gear for the 11 meter and business band
services in the 60s-70s. They were the left coast equivalent of, or
along the lines of Browning and Tram from NH. Hand-wired, US-made,
quality components and so on.

They also made a few accessories like these SWR bridges, which I'd
'guess' would work well on HF but may be more specific or at least
accurate in the higher regions of HF. Info is out there, but not
plentiful. I'm not aware that they made anything beyond 2-way gear,
but it's possible.

Hope this helps -

de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ