[AMRadio] DAYTON FLEA MARKET

Joseph Bento n6dgy at kirtland.com
Wed Apr 19 23:47:14 EDT 2006

I'll be attending my first Hamvention this year.  It's a major trip for me
since my home QTH is in Utah.  I was first licensed in 1980 at the age of 16
in California, and it has been a dream of sorts ever since to attend.

Now, reading the horror stories of the deplorable restroom facilities,
overall poor condition of the Hara Arena, et al, I was somewhat apprehensive
about my plans.  I've also read many positive experiences of people's
attendance.  I'm looking forward to it.

I am attending primarily to meet a couple good friends that I've never had
the pleasure to meet in person.  Ironically, we never spoke on the air, but
have a mutual interest in crystal radios, regens, and such, and participate
on the Crystal Set Society's online discussion group.  My friend, however is
indeed licensed in the UK (their Tech equivalent), and he has attended
Dayton annually for a number of years now.

I'm happy to say there is little I "need" to add to my collection.  It will
be great to finally meet some people I consider friends, and perhaps my
overall interest in ham radio in general might be rekindled a bit.

73,
Joe, N6DGY
Pleasant Grove, Utah