[AMRadio] antenna tuners

RoadKing hogtamer at starband.net
Thu Apr 20 09:08:12 EDT 2006

Allan,
Had it not been for "Couplers" over the last 25 yrs, I would have
been limited to operating possibly no more than 2 frequencies.  I
built a Center Fed Zepp as my first antenna, because a very wise OLD
ham told me to build it and use it with a Coupler and I have been
using that antenna all over the USA and twice in Canada! Same
Antenna!  Today I have a 160m Loop up 75' in the air also fed with
440 ohm ladder line and that has to be the very best antenna I have
had the pleasure to use,  It is Matched with a Palstar 5K coupler and
it has worked well anywhere from 160m to 10m and all in between.  I
have simply had great success and been able to work multiple bands
using Matching networks, Couplers,  Tuners if you will.  I honestly
would NOT be without one in my shack.

Tony/W5OD
River House Radio