[AMRadio] DX-40

w9gt at comcast.net w9gt at comcast.net
Thu Apr 20 17:53:09 EDT 2006

Yes, as a matter of fact I have set up a number of these little "entry level" rigs with PTT by constructing a little relay box utilizing a 4PDT relay with a low voltage (6-24VDC) coil.  You can then key the relay with your mike switch.  Its OK to utilize some rectified fil voltage for the relay pwr.  Then utilize one set of relay contacts to key the xmtr (most are cathode keyed) via the key jack.  Utililize a second set of contacts to key your antenna relay, a third to key the VFO, if you are using one, and the last set to mute your receiver (either make or break according to what your rcvr requires).  This little scheme works great and can be moved from rig to rig to quickly add PTT type operation.

Good Luck!

73,  Jack, W9GT

From: Rick Brashear <rickbras at airmail.net>