[AMRadio] antenna tuners

Mike Dorworth, K4XM k4xm at arczip.com
Fri Apr 21 13:15:24 EDT 2006

I was beaten to the door on this. Actually there is a spot up about one
third wavelength that is 100 ohms,for a perfectly resonate radiator. So it
would be 2 to one and a dandy perfect resonate  vertical with over a hundred
radials is about 35 ohms so the magical 1 to 1 is nothing magical. I would
beg everybody to read at least two chapters of Walt Maxwell's book "
Reflections". The right SWR for the wrong reason, and the Wrong SWR for the
right reason. The first I would call dummy load syndrome and the second as
above. This stuff is not opinion or politics it is pure science and can be
tested at YOUR house.. 73 Mike