[AMRadio] antenna tuners

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Fri Apr 21 20:08:34 EDT 2006

Don your comments remind me of the time I visited the QTH of Bob, W5PYT.  El
Paso Natural Gas had abandoned the microwave system leaving a 200 ft. tower
that supported the dishes vacant.  Bob talked them into letting him use it
for antennas and support.

He had so many antennas strung up on it that a bird couldn't fly within 1000
ft. of it unless they were sliced like a loaf of bread.  I can imagine Bob
pruning each antenna following installation of something new to achieve
maximum radiation.

He always had a good signal though.  Boy what a mess it was.

73  Jim
W5JO