[AMRadio] Broadcast transmitter

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 23 10:38:15 EDT 2006

crawfish wrote:

>There is an article in Electric Radio about modifying 3 phase systems to
>single phase. I will see if I can find it. I am going to run into the same
>problem with the BC-339. I might have to build up a single phase supply and
>run it at a lower level, since 1 kW out on AM will not be legal.
>                                    Joe W4AAB

Sure it would.

1.5kW PEP is the limit.  You could effectivly fun 1500w of phase
modulation, quiet the noise, and have the other station(s) slope detect
and be legal.

The rule is 1.5kW PEP OUTPUT.

1kW DC input, with the plate leads reversed on the modulator, would just
about be legal, for that matter.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR