[AMRadio] 160 meters

Brian Sherrod ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 15:57:01 EDT 2006

On Sunday 23 April 2006 2:47 pm, Rick Brashear wrote:
> I have a Butternut vertical with a 160 meter coil modification I am
> temporarily using for top band.  It seemed I was hearing more AM around
> 1.880 - 1.885 at first, but now seems to be around 1.985 or has my mind
> played another trick on me?  Needless to say, my vertical will not begin
> to stretch that far, so I need to make a decision as to which end to set
> it.  Any suggestions as to where I am likely to get in on the most AM?

If I remember right, 1.880 - 1.9 or so had most the AM activity.  There used
to be an ol' buzzard BC-610 group that met around 1.985 or so, but I don't
know if they are still around.  I haven't been on the air in some time
(fixing to change that), so someone else might have better advice on this.

73,
Brian / w5ami