[AMRadio] 160 meters

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 23 18:10:26 EDT 2006

I operate AM from about 1880 all the way to 1990.  Most of my activity seems
to be on about 1885 and 1985, but I often  hear stations in between.  I use
a VFO with the Gates BC1-T, and the series fed quarter wave vertical works
across the entire band.  I wouldn't want to be stuck on just one tiny part
of the band because so much of the AM activity is scattered across the
entire band.

I rarely transmit on AM below about 1880, but often operate CW on 1800-1825
or so.

I find that for general QSO's, 1885 is mostly east coast to the Mississippi,
and 1985 is mostly west of the Mississippi.

I don't hear as much activity in the Gulf coast states as I used to.

Don k4kyv

like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/