[AMRadio] 10M Openings after sunset

ars.ka5mir at gmail.com ars.ka5mir at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 15:14:16 EDT 2006

  Just wanted to remind anyone interested in 10 meter AM that the band has
been open the last few evenings after dark.  NC, SC, and GA heard here in
AR last night.
  I listen to 27.025 just long enough to check for band openings.  If the
band is open anywhere, day or night, there WILL be signals there giving
their locations.  Then you'll know which way to point a beam if you use one.
I'll frequently hear a rats nest of hetrodynes and strong signals and move
up to 29mc, listen around and call CQ and hear nothing.

73,
KA5MIR