[AMRadio] R-388

Peter Wittenberg k2lrc at k2lrc.com
Mon Aug 7 22:16:06 EDT 2006

Rick, it sounds like the PTO is no longer tracking as it should. These are
very old radios and that is often a problem. There is an adjustment but you
will have to remove the PTO to do the adjustment. Often the adjustment
cannot adjust the total offset since these radios are so old.  If you can
calibrate the unit at all frequencies then just live with it.

You could take the PTO out and send it to Howard Mills W3HM. He does these
every day. But keep in mind that it may work or may only get part of the
way. You could ship the entire radio to Howard as well. He does great
restorations of these radios.

Howard's email is: w3hm at frontiernet.net. Phone is 304-876-6483
-73- Peter K2LRC