[AMRadio] RE: Rules, For Sale Replies etc.,

Don Merz don at thedjbrothers.com
Sat Aug 12 20:27:50 EDT 2006

Since it was my for-sale posting which touched this off, I guess I should
say something. What I want to say is that I support whatever the list
members and list admin want to do. I have no problem with a ban for-sale
posts or whatever action the list feels is necessary to maintain the
integrity of the list. I would like to  remain a member and just won't post
FS notices here.

That being said, I should also say that I won't be posting to AMfone either.
Time and effort are my limitations and I only have enough of each to do 2
kinds of online sales: mailing lists and eBay. Selling on the mailing lists
is easier. I also generally know who I'm dealing with--and if I don't know
them, I can look them up on QRZ.

The people who buy from me on this list seem to enjoy the service I provide.
They also get better prices here than they would get by bidding against
every Tom, Dick and Harry across the globe on eBay. So it works well for
both parties--it's easier and safer for both parties, and the stuff I sell
is costs less for list members who may happen to want it.

So that "good deal for both sides" is what is lost if the list bans for-sale
posts.  Also, I think it's worth considering the frequency of the problem.
For every reply that goes to the whole list, I get 7 or 8 directly back to
me. So, IN GENERAL, from my perspective, the list's rules are working. I
just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that.

Anyway, no matter what, 73 to all and thanks for your patience and bandwidth
and friendship on this list. AM forever.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT