Spam:****, [AMRadio] FS: NOS Transformers and More Miscellany

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sat Aug 12 20:52:14 EDT 2006

Rick Brashear wrote:

Hey, the other day, I stumbled across your selling of a virtal shitload
of ham gear, Rick...

Wish I had known about that small linear by WRL... I've been looking at
DC/AC inverters, and something like a
4CX250B amp would do just -wonderful- as a mobile linear, *if* I had a
way of generating a couple of thousand volts DC.

Seems that with an inverter, I can build a power supply to generate the
DC, and plug it into AC current.  Or, design the amp so that it runs
only around 1000vDC but has -high- current... say 500mA.  but hey - a
small tube amp would do just as well.

heh... just think - I could have -two- amps... one for 75, and the other
for 40.  Coax switches ;-)

You've got some stuff up there, Rick... anything in the small amp line,
still?

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,