[AMRadio] where to post For Sales

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Mon Aug 14 06:33:24 EDT 2006

W1EOF wrote:
> Paul -
>
> SELLER - It's way too much work for guys like Don. He can send to multiple
> lists using one email. With websites he'd need to login to each one, copy &
> paste, etc, etc, etc.

I guess that depends on how important Don's sales are to him.  Sure, I'd
hate to see 'em go to e-bay, as well.  But the point is, it's harder to
go to amfone.net and post messages for the very reason you're stating.
If, instead, there was a sister list for the AM Reflector for 'sales',
then hey - those that want to receive the sales ads can subscribe to
-that- list, just as easily as they subscribed to this one, and Don and
Brian Carling and whoever else can post all the sales ads they want in
-that- area.  He could even post here saying "there's a list on
xxx-Reflector" here, if he so desires.  But all conversation and
negotiations would, of course, take place either there, or off-list.

I wish it was the mere fact that Don is a 'good guy', Mark, that made
everything ok.  The truth is, this is only August and this is the 4th
time that we have had to have this conversation, this year *alone*.
Compromises have been attempted.  Policies were changed.  Polls were
taken and votes were tallied and we -always- seem to revert back to the
same problem:  people don't pay attention.  *Something* drastic has to
be done, if for no other reason, than to snap someone's neck around and
cause 'em to say "hey, what the hell was that?"

> PS: It was questioned whether changing the subject line to reflect a new
> topic is part of the rules of this list. If not, it should be. It's been
> considered good etiquette since the beginning of the net (actually way
> before the net, it goes back to the BBS days). It just makes sense. How many
> time have you read a post whose subject line doesn't even remotely reflect
> the body text. Makes it hard to do that initial message triage. :-)

If you're going to start that, then make sure to implement 'creating a
new topic'.  I don't mean replying to what someone else has posted,
change the subject, and go from there.  That's rather disruptive to
thread readers.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,