[AMRadio] amfone.net (was Rules..)

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 09:49:35 EDT 2006

On 8/13/06, Radio Station W5AMI <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:

> Amfone.net is a good place to go for all sorts of AM related topics,
> and certainly an alternative to the email list.  I trust the people
> there, and the members are screened by Jay.

Jay? Who's Jay?  *looking around*

But yes - it's not only a good resource for selling, there is an
abundance of knowledge there, along with some appropriately-warped
humor from time to time.

You can also post pictures of your gear - time consuming, but it help
out potential buyers a lot.

> You might remember that I
> am the original founder of amfone.net many years back and turned it
> over to W2INR/Gary in about 2001 when things came up for me where I
> couldn't do it anymore.

Ah, yes - and a fine site it was, Brian! A lot of good info, pictures,
and other motivational aids that helped me to refocus and eventually
get back on the air. I had it bookmarked and visited it regularly,
along with The AM Window (I think 'HUZman was the one who started that
site?). Combining the two has to be about the best thing to happen to
AM online since both sites were started.

At the risk of repeating others, I certainly appreciate the efforts of
you and others then as well as now, and have no doubt the dust will
settle (again) and we will move forward.

~ Todd  KA1KAQ