[AMRadio] G-50

Jim candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Tue Aug 15 21:38:27 EDT 2006

[mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net]On Behalf Of Rick Brashear

Is the BAMA site down or is my computer playing tricks on me...again?
My Netscape 7.1 went south, so I am using IE and I can't seem to bring
up any of the BAMA info.  Is it me or them?

I am in need of a Gonset G-50 manual.

Thanks...
Rick/K5IZ

Rick,

   You might have to play with IE settings to accomplish the downloads. I
was never sucessful myself with IE. Years ago I started using a FTP program,
and  although pretty 'clunky' worked fine. I think it was 'cute_ftp'. Then a
few years ago I switched my browser to Mozilla Firefox. Firefox works
extremely well in many ways, and BAMA downloads are handled without any
fuss. It is interesting that IE beta version 7 is stolen technology from
Mozilla, and resembles Firefox in many ways. Bill Gates may have ethics
issues, but he is no dummy.

  I own a G-50......Mine came via Ebay with a nice pair of Genalax KT-77
modulators instead of 6L6's. Those tubes that are NOS go for hundreds of
dollars for a matched pair. Nice surprise!

Regards,
Jim
JKO