[AMRadio] Filament Transformer for pair of 833A's

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Mon Aug 21 02:22:32 EDT 2006

crawfish wrote:
> Not over  in computer weenie land of north AL where I work. I would imagine
> it is from a BC transmitter. You boys in TX be glad you can find stuff like
> that. We have to wait on someone to part out a BC transmitter or find a
> "snowbird" getting rid of stuff when they retire down here.I don't need one
> myself. I have my stash of iron.

I've got some stuff, too and have gone mining for unobtanium in the
past, and I'm sure I will in the future.
The QTH.com ad specifically stated that it was removed from an RCA BTA1
xmtr.  My question was, are we paying $50 for it, because it was in a
transmitter?  Are we paying $50 for it, because it's rated for the same
filament power as 833's?  Or are we expected to pay $50 for it, simply
because it's 'old'?  :-)

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,