[AMRadio] Rack Mounting

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Fri Aug 25 19:45:24 EDT 2006

rickbras at airmail.net writes:

> Has anyone had experience mounting a R-390 and R-388 in a wood
rack like is used in  recording > studios?

When I put an R-390 or SP-600 into any rack, wood or metal, I cut a wood
2"x2" to length to match the inside dimension of the rack, side to side.  I then
drill one hole in each side of the rack at the desired level for the bottom of
the receiver (plus half the width of the wood), half of the depth of the
receiver back from the rack rails in front.  Then put the 2x2 inside the rack
between the two holes and drive screws into each end of the 2x2 thru the holes in
the rack sides.  The result is a crossmember that you can sit the radio on as
you slide it in, which ends up at about the middle ot the chassis and holds
almost all the weight.

I like this approach better than running two pieces of wood along the sides
of the rack to make "shelves", as fewer holes are made in the rack and I find
it easier to get the dimensions correct.  And it is quicker...

Steve WD8DAS